A single software package
The laser processes are programmed by the LASEA control software, KYLA™. This software package enables all of the devices and material functions offered by LASEA, as standard or as options, to be controlled.
All the devices controlled by KYLA™
- Laser sources (wavelength, repetition rate, emitted laser power, pulse duration)
- Mechanical shutters (opening or closing)
- Power attenuators (transmitted powers)
- Beam enlargers (enlargement factor from x2 to x8)
- Scanners (sweep speed, position, times, acceleration ramps, repetitions)
- Movement axes (speed, position, acceleration)
- Cameras (dimensional measurements of the displayed image, recognition of shapes)
- Automatic focusing and contour following systems (resolution, analysis zone)
- Power sensors (duration of the measurement)
- Smoke extractors (activation and deactivation)
Many basic functionalities:
- Loading, editing, and saving of formula and configuration files
- Import of DXF, STL, BMP, or JPEG files
- Creation of texts with Windows TrueType fonts, “Single Stroke”, barcodes, or data matrices with automatic incrementation function or link with a database
- Integration of a CAD module capable of changing the machining motifs in DXF formats
- Automatic generation of the tracks of the laser beam and display in 2D (3D as an option) of these tracks
- Display and modification of the parameters linked to the laser, movements of the scanner and the axes.
- Automatic generation of optimisation matrices of an object
- Automatic and synchronised control of the scanner and the axes
- Display of camera images, possibility to save the images and video films and to take measurements
- Automatic registration of log files including the laser, scanner and axis parameters
- Functions to assist calibration
Thus, on the basis of .dxf, .stl, .jpeg, .bmp files or a fresh file creating text objects, barcodes or geometric shapes, it is possible to very quickly obtain a 2D or 3D track ready to be executed. The software automatically transcribes the image, text, or diagram created into movement vectors for the scanner or axes.
A very user-friendly interface
The user-friendly graphical interface enables the beam trajectories and also the parameters to be displayed (cross-hatching, cross-hatching direction, outlines, repetitions, etc) and the laser parameters to be controlled. This graphical interface can also be replaced by an interface in the form of movement commands of the G-code type.
The software also enables the control of 5 positioning axes by entering the coordinates before the scanner machining, by automatically creating sequences in order to move the workpiece after each scanner machining stage, by performing all machining by these platforms with the scanner fixed, or even by selecting the “infinite field” mode, which breaks down the defined track into low and high frequencies.
Production or R&D monitoring PDF files can be generated automatically upon each machining.
If the 3D function is activated, the machining file is displayed in three dimensions.
Many other functionalities are also included such as the automatic inscription of the date and time, or even the incrementation of a serial number.
The software enables easy communication with external devices through different interfaces (serial port, Ethernet, exchange files, dry contacts).