Drilling can be used to manufacture a wide range of components across different industries. In micron precision machining, a single laser can produce varying hole sizes in different materials like glass, rubber, plastic, metal, or even diamonds.
Laser drilling can be done using 2 specific techniques. The percussion or the cutting out methods, with or without a precession movement in order to cut without taper (0° conicity or controlled conicity).
Laser is ideal for hard crystal drilling such as ruby with holes of 50µm diameter in a 300µm thickness. The result of the process is without burrs and taper angle. In steel, LASEA machines can allow holes with 20 µm diameter on 100 µm thickness.
- What is femtosecond laser micromachining?
- The manufacturing process has been improved by the introduction of micromachining services
- Micron precision machining is synonymous with quality and efficiency in materials manufacturing
- Find a solution to every job with a laser micromachining system from LASEA
- Micromachining stainless steel can be done to achieve a broad range of features
- Precision laser engraving: A superior micromachining process
- What is a laser drilling machine?
- Making complex manufacturing possible with micro machining machines
- Precision laser technology assists many of the leading industries with precise laser detailing